Monday, March 2, 2009

Beautiful Memory Blanket

I really love this idea, it is beautiful and makes quite a piece to hold on to. My friend Pam does the same idea with Bears (http://www.threelittlegoblins.etsy.com/) You'd have to request one.

But here is the information from http://www.janellemoore.etsy.com/ on this blanket:

Do you want an item that will remind you of those precious days past when yo

ur child was just a little one? Do you want a super soft, warm blanket that your child can cuddle under at night time, or something that can be treasured when they are older? Then this is it!

After putting away some of my daughters' old sleepers, I decided I couldn't bear to part with them. I remembered how sweet my little girls' looked in their onsies and sleepers, and I wanted to be able to cherish those memories forever. So, I decided to make them into blankets that my children could cherish for years on end (and also bring back nostalgic memories for me as well!).

I can do the same for you too! Just pack up any washed sleepers, tees, onsies, etc. that you would like to see made into a large blanket. I recommend sending between 7-15 articles of clothing (if sending only onsies, send 12-15).Ship them to me, and I will cut them into squares/rectangles and create a blanket out of them that will rekindle memories for years to come!

Depending on size of clothing and how many you send me, the blanket will be roughly 36-40" wide x 36x40" long. You choose the backing and border from either chenille (in pink or white), velvet dot/bubble fabric (in white, pink or light blue) or fleece (in light blue, dark blue, red, pink, yellow or lavender).

No comments: